Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Well it seems like it's been a while since I've written. Nothing too new to report, tho I'm sure I'll find something to blab on about. Aunt Bonnie and BR are both gone for good now. I have sold-out to the corporate world by applying to Caribou Coffee (I'm hoping for manager). In my defence, however, I would also like to say I am applying to the Heifer Project in Little Rock with the intent to move there. I just posted some cute pics of the dog and of me!

Oh! We got a new car! The Honda broke down. Nor more Honda, except for it's in the driveway. Anyway, so you will not see me driving a '92 Honda Accord anymore! Instead, I will be driving a freaking 01 Ford Ranger pick-up. Wow. And the cool part about it is that the back part opens up like a real hood, it makes the shwwsshhh sound and everything! And it's silver. I like silver cars. And it smells like cigarettes. Man, I want to smoke a few 10-20 cigarettes. mmmmmmm Did you know that for every 300 cigarettes made, one tree is cut down? Crap, I have destroyed me some trees. Good thing I don't smoke anymore. mmm....

Hey, how come no one commented on Dickinsheets?! I am offended!
Anyway. I met with Renae tonight. You know, cuz it's Monday. She is so awesome. Tonight she had listened to a song and brought it for me to hear. She is all about peoples' different learning/thinking processes. Like some people listen to music, write, sit in the woods, sing, be artsy, etc. So she brought me a song. It was so sweet! Not the song, it sucked, but the thought of bringing it to me was sweet. Alright, the lyrics were good and I didn't feel awkward listening to a song with her.

I need a good book, any recommendations? Hey, suck that, I totally spelled recommed correctly! I know how to spell it! Plus, I also know how to spell commission. COMMISSION! 2 M's 2 S's and 2+2 =4, I rule. My yes, some cigarettes and a shit load of beer. That is what I would like to have in my body right now. Maybe gin and tonics. That reminds me of that one night in Scotland when Louise, Lianne, Diane and I all played cut-throat UNO together and we drank a whole bunch. We drank Marion's Archers and we had those nasty Scottish liccorish thingys. Not me tho, and not the blue one either-I don't drink anything blue. Diane was taking shots of gasoline, I mean petrol, I mean rum. I remember yelling out the window but I don't remember what at. Some guys probably. Oh and that shitty fucking guitar player! So Diane is 21 and I'm 22 and since we were international students we had to live with the freshmen in the goddamn dorms. And there was this scrawny little 17 year old boy who would turn his amp on really loud and open his window, turn on a shit 90's cd and play along. You can imagine the type of kid, long hair but nerdy, not at all clean. Jeans that aren't long enough, bad posture, big floppy clod-hopper feet. Poor dumb ass kid. Ya, I made fun of him to his face. HAHAHAHAHA!! I think I also put a lighter in the air too. I could have yelled at him that night. I know it wasn't during the day, cause I would have had my whole body out the window throwing bread to the stompies. Didn't Louise throw some weird shit out the window, Diane? Nothing suitable for a bird, I'll say.

Now onto Zelda. So I totally fucked up my first try by stupidly losing my Gordon tunic and unknowingly not killing the thing that ate it to get it back. So I started over but this time I got a horse! I love my horse! Last night when I couldn't kill Bonga Bonga, I warped out of there by tooting my ocarina, and I rode Epona around Hyrule Field. HAHAHAHA! I gotta beat this game so I can go back to being a normal intelligent human who reads books. This game is just so damn fun. Plus, I was going to read this book my mom RECOMMENDED but Diane told me it was sad, which, added to my mom's description of the book (i.e. it being sad), I decided not to read it. I'm reading a psych book now sort of. But who wants to read about "changes that heal" when there is Zelda to be played?! Not me. Ok, well I have rambled on quite long enough.

3 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Tim said...

I'm sorry I didn't comment on Dickinsheets. It is pretty friggin' funny. Sounds like me after my bike accident, if the sheets were sheets of gauze with a nice analgesic cream. (Huh huh. I said "anal")

For books, I recommend Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates by Tom Robbins. I like how it dances on the line between mysticism and empiricism. Good stuff.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

"Switters simply hops into a wheelchair and rolls off to further footloose adventures, occasionally switching to stilts. For a Robbins hero, to be just a bit high, not earthbound, facilitates enlightenment. He bops from Peru to Seattle, where he's beguiled by the Art Girls of the Pike Place Market and his 16-year-old stepsister, and then off to Syria, where he falls in with a pack of renegade nuns bearing names like Mustang Sally and Domino Thirry. Will Switters see Domino tumble and solve the mystery of the Virgin Mary? Can the nuns convince the Pope to favor birth control--to "zonk the zygotic zillions and mitigate the multitudinous milt" and "wrest free from a woman's shoulders the boa of spermatozoa?" Can the author ever resist a shameless pun or a mutant metaphor?"

What the hell, Tim, what the hell? Just kidding, I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the recommendation, although I did pick up a book last night. The Brothers K by David J Duncan. I hate baseball but I'm liking the writing a ton so far. I'll put this crazy go nuts book on my list.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, read every Tom Robbins book! My favorite is either Jitterbug Perfume or Skinny Legs and All, but they all blow my mind. If David J. Duncan is the same as David James Duncan then he's the guy who wrote my favorite book of all time, The River Why, which is hilarious and not at all sad. You would love it.

Dickinsheets=totally funny. forrealz.

That night was a blast. You missed out on the blue stuff, let me tell you. The stompies still come to the window and I feed them... oh, and that guy played his guitar for FOUR HOURS today. I always wish you're here to scream at him. Now that it's warm here he is at it like woah.

Good for you for not smoking.

Did you know that Epona is the Celtic goddess of earth and fertility and she's represented as a horse? I can't decide if that makes Zelda gay or witty.

Anyway, hasta temprano chiquita.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home