Tuesday, January 24, 2006

So I asked for a very significant raise and basically was told I was arrogant and stuck up to even suggest such a thing. Not a "we'll negotiate" or "hahaha, isn't Andrea a crazy girl?" but more like "what a snobbish and selfish bitch" kinda of response. I'm pretty disapointed. After all I've done and all the work I didn't need to do I'm being told that basically I am not that valuable afterall. That's just great. So instead they're willing to offer me a 50 cent raise. That's a slap in the face. And I was told that I need to decide whether or not I want to take the 50cents and shut the hell up, or quit. I want to stay but I want to make money more so to make a long story short, I'm thinking about grad school or another job. The problem is that the job I'd really like a) is probably not in the area and b) probably requires grad school.
So ever since I've got off of work every 15 minutes or so I'll say, goddamnit or son of a bitch or this sucks. The part that really bugs me is that the DM said some things that were kinda off and I don't trust that my boss stuck up for me. Those two together are really pushing me out the door. So peace, Caribou!

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Andrea, I'm sorry the raise conversation went that way.

...You have only been there since the summer though. In the world of retail, it takes people 3 or 4 years to get to the kind of hourly rate that you're looking at. For *$, the best they ever did was a .25 / hour raise every 6 months, unless a shifty promotion was involved. Big corporate gurus like the 'Bou and *$ and Borders and etc, etc make their money by employing significantly dispensible, untrained labour.

But you're an honest and hard-working gal. I'd say "Screw Corporate America!" but I know that we'd both have a moral objection to that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home