Saturday, January 28, 2006

well. i was thinking about heather's question about who you would pick for your soul mate la de da de da. (it's in the comment section of my previous post.) i just watched 10 things i hate about you. that movie always makes me want some lovin. but i guess no one in a movie or a book character could ever be my soul mate if he already had one. or even someone he really loved. like i'm pretty sure heath ledger and what's her butt never end up happily ever after. but apart from their romance, i'm not so interested in him. edmund is a good choice though. i perhaps have overlooked someone as appealing. he IS like 12. i dunno. i'm still waiting out for my best friend.

in other news, we had a delicious, albeit extremely expensive dinner tonight at the seafood place. i got grouper! i like that a fish is called grouper. if i have a son i'll name him grouper. anyway, i also got a glass of this amazing shiraz. hot damn. i see my mom every night drinking wine out of those kiddie paper cups with the weird pictures on it. you know the kind, they're for the bathroom next to the barbie toothbrushes. don't ask me why she bought them. there was this one kind of australian wine and it was from Woop Woop and I go to my mom, can I get the woop woop? and hollie was like "can i get a woop woop?!" and slapped the table and laughed. it was cute.

so i am pissed with caribou and want to leave them. i want to drop them like a stone and watch the place crash and burn. do you think it'll happen? it could happen. maybe i'll take my bitchin super duper andrea delux checklists with me! that'll teach the ungrateful, cheap bastards. there's this school in vancouver and it looks like it might be right up my alley. it didn't hurt when at dinner my mom said that in her top 5 places she wouldn't mind living, vancouver is right up there. it's on the ocean and snow-capped mountains are behind it. i'm telling you, cream in the pants! how amazing would that be? she also said it's a pretty artsy city too, and even though it's up north it's not so cold. this school has a year-long program for people who are testing the waters for further education in theology, divinity, etc. that would be moi! i want to take a road trip and i have a coupon for a car rental! plus, i have pooled leave! who wants to go to vancouver with me?! i bet they have grouper up there. well maybe not but some type of fish im sure.

jasmine still has her limp from last summer and now addie isn't walking on her back left leg. i swear my dogs are becoming more and more like old ladies with every passing day. um...ya..old ladies who eat poop. what else....nada really. oh and if you want to try that shiraz its from australia and it has "burge" in it. i forget the first word. nighty night!

this "person" i know is fasting and he/she allowed himself/herself to drink beer. does that seem odd to anyone else? fucking rules.

9 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Foodie on a Diet said...

Damn only having 10 vacation days a year!! I want to go to Vancouver.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Foodie on a Diet said...

But then I wouldn't be able to go to my sister's wedding. Hmmm... That's no good.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

Jess,
Ya, I am talking about Regent in Vancouver. Hense me saying I'm looking into Regent and it's in Vancouver. hehehehe. just kidding.
I'm pretty sure I would not like Jenny to be my tour guide. Pretty damn sure! Have you heard from her in a while though? Did you know Diane is engaged? Arlen had to go back to Edinburgh cause his visa ran out or whatever but hopefully he'll be back.

Andie, you should def. skip the wedding and go to Vancouver with me! HAHAH! By the way, are you going to be in the wedding? And if so do you have a dress yet?

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I might be mistaken, but I think fasting is always tied in with religious reasons... (Except the detox fasts) (?)

Anyway, I think if you're fasting from during Lent, you can break the fast on celebration days (Sunday). So, if "this person" was fasting from beer during lent, he/she could righteously drink beer on Sundays.....

Andie, when *is* your sister's wedding?

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Wormwood,

Aside from the things which seem to focus more on the Corporate Enemy as she reacts to her employees, there exists a problem needful of discussion which pertains more to you in relation to the Corporate Enemy on a more earthly level, both directly and through the other cattle.

This brings us to a singularly uncomfortable experience with which you, I know, have made acquaintance: that of the conversation of temptation to bear treason against the Corporate Enemy. The deepest problem we face when confronting this phenomenon is the simplicity of the process. As stated previously, "The earliest employees were hired by the Corporate Enemy through a single historical fact (minimum wage) and a single ideological doctrine (you need to work to live) operating on a sense of self-worth which they already had."

Once fallen in with the Corporate Enemy, one’s life becomes exceedingly more difficult. The fact that untrained laborers are employed for the brewing of coffee is one of two things: an insult to your own highly evolved skills and self worth as well as an acknowledgement that there is no shortage of fiend-power in hell nor a strong lack of intelligence in those who control the Corporate Enemy operations. Put quite simply, the Corporate Enemy has knowingly rejoiced in causing you financial and emotional difficulties, understanding your full potential and stifling it as a dictator oppresses his masses.

In times such as these, dictators surely stifle with an added trick of appeasement for the masses. Cheap cigarettes, tax-free liquor and whores have all historically been good ideas to pacify petty minds, diverting from hardships and governmental failure to the pleasures of everyday life. But unlike the dictators, who rejoice in their power over the masses and yet grant morsels of appeasement, the Corporate Enemy also lulls us into whatever trap is arranged but fails to adequately offer pacification. And you, my dear Wormwood, are too brilliant a character to be stifled by the Corporate Enemy’s lack of conciliation.

I trust you won't allow yourself to be subjected to this torture for much longer. It is your job to give crap to the Corporate Enemy, not take it.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

I didn't say Regent? Oh boo-urns. You win! :) hehehehehe.

Heather, this person was fasting just for one day. Who the hell is screwtape that wrote that post?!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Heather said...

who fasts for JUST one day? And what's more, who advertises the fact that he/she is fasting at all, let alone for JUST one day. I must iterate: quelle douche!

I won't even try to guess who it was.

~screwtape

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

Well Uncle Screwtape, I am trying my best to sabotage Michael whatever's corporation.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Foodie on a Diet said...

Yeah, I'm in the wedding - the first Saturday in August. Looking for dresses is sooo frustrating, especially since everything she picks out is gorgeous, but makes both of the bridesmaid's asses (mine and my other sister's) look really big. The bride is the skinny minnie who has never had to think about shape of clothing to look good.

All this speak of fasting reminds me that I really, really wanted to buy a good juicer and do a cleansing juice fast. Hmmmm....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home