Sunday, January 30, 2005

I give this entry a C-

I just read this other blog. This guy broke into a church's sign dealy and mixed all the words around. Naturally, "cock" was there as well as some others. The he invited some silly girl to his blog. Her site is all about Jesus and praying and it's pink just like mine. Reading everyone's comments back and forth kinda bugged and depressed me. She wrote she's in IV in Chicagoland somewhere. There were exclamation marks everywhere and smilies and her friend wrote "I am sooooooooo jealous" after this girl had wrote about how she prayed for people on the L. She wrote all about how church at Moody ruled, etc. etc. It's really an illusion to me. Then I read the guy's response to her comments and that was even more depressing. Then she wrote back "I'd like to hear more about you..blah blah blah." It's like she wasn't even listening to him, just following evangelical procedure. It bothers me because I can emphasize with both people. I share him in his anger and Christian scars, yet I understand this girl's excitement and genuine desire for this person to know what she thinks she knows (i.e relationship with Jesus). He bugs me because he obviously cares about it so much that he wants some girl to read his blog about how he rearranged the words on a church's sign. Get a damn life. Seriously. And she seems like she's la la la skipping right off the end of a cliff. I guess I just don't want what either of these people have. He wrote something like "I think I would like Jesus." Of course he'd like Jesus. Jesus kicked some ass! And you can't deny Jesus' existence and actions. If you do, you haven't checked out the scholarly info and probably only read Davinci's Code, which my prof calls complete bollocks (from an historical point of view).

Basically, I don't want to be Miss Suzy I've got the Holy Spirit shoved way up my asshole. But I definitely don't want to be like that other guy either. I know there aren't only two options but I saw it as a.) in the Christian community or b.) outside of the community but in intellectual land interspersed with humor
I am horrible at articulating and I know that is going on here now. I think I would back everything I said up until "I just don't want what either of these people have." The rest I would argue with myself over for a while, which is probably obvious as well.

Love,
Ish misha Diane

3 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Tim said...

In my defense, I did refrain from including the other C word.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

HAHAHAHA :)
I must say, of all the things you could have said, I appreciate and respect that one. Well done. :)

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a mess. I know what you mean about not wanting to be on either side of the Jesus fence. They're both equally stupid. I think, though, your intellect and your grasp of what Christianity really means is a really good start. I've been talking to Robert some since he's come back from Israel and the stuff he says is just incredible. I still think you guys should talk. Email me and I'll give you his email address.

by the way, it's spelled is mise Diane! And that's MY name!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home