Wednesday, January 19, 2005

More pancakes!

So we did some more shopping yesterday. I only went because my mom asked me to help get something for my dad's birthday. We didn't get him anything. I, however, got a great Nine West skirt and a $90 suit for like $12. It's for if I ever get an interview. haha.
I had the craziest dream where Steve was leading music at this church and he didn't agree with what the people were doing and basically stopped in the middle of the song to swear and call people out. Kurtz and Elizabeth got mad at him. People started lining up at the back to ask questions like they do on Jenny Jones. I woke up.
Last night's time with Renae was awesome. The confining space of her office still kinda bothers me but maybe it's a good thing. She's teaching me how to do deep breathing. She wants also to look at how I relate to people in relationships...like what do I normally do and what all my relationships have looked like (the important ones naturally). Then she wants to compare that to my relationship with God. Her point is that we relate to God the way we relate to our most intimate relationships. For example, if you don't trust people, you'll probably not easily trust God. It's interesting to me. I think we often assume that because we are believers now and "living for God" we are going to do that differently. I think that's why people try to hide things or make themselves seem perfect. I think maybe she's right, bottom line is that it's going to be connected and you should understand that. That is to say you believe you're having a relationship with the creator of the universe and not just talking to yourself, which is a statement I am not confident in.
Melissa came over too on Monday. I realized something in the shower last night: even though we are extremely different in a lot of ways I think we are also very similar too. She is the bee's knees.
I got more puzzles, by the way. They are cute. Both 1000 pieces. hehehehe. I also got a bookshelf so I rearranged my room last night. I got a bookshelf twice as big as the one I had in there but it's still too small. Oh well. Addie got a new squeaky toy. She loves it. For some reason she loves toys that squeak and she'll run around like a mad person squeaking the toy over and over. It's too funny to be annoying...yet.
I am also rereading Memoirs of a Geisha. Man, I love that book so much! It's better than a movie. I am going to make pancakes and read some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home