Thursday, February 17, 2005

I am REALLY stoaked! Or is it stoked. Anyway! I am going to Wheaton College's Student AIDS Summit that starts tonight and ends Saturday. It is going to rule. Tonight someone from World Relief is talking. Then I am going to watch a movie with leading people in it, like Bono (big deal) and Peter Piot, who happens to kick some serious ass! I LOVE PETER PIOT! And then tomorrow I think I am going to go to a seminar on current HIV/AIDS research. Then someone from World Vision is talking. I am excited. What else...Oh ya, there is another talk titled, "Formulating an Appropriate Christian reponse to AIDS." That one is given by the World Vision guy, who is their VP of Church Relations. That one is going to be pretty interesting. Apparently he's pretty well known, being quoted by CNN and NY Times. I think there definitely is an appropriate response: helping, loving, etc! I'm really interested to hear about what this guy, a supposed expert, feels on the subject. I love to learn!!!

(You know what's not an appropriate response? Posting on someone's blog saying, oh you have AIDS, glad I found you, I put you in a search engine. Now I can tell you to read the Bible. There, God, I did my deed for the day, beam me up!" That'll be helpful to everyone! (Oh ya, these are words. If you could hear me you'd sense my SARCASM!!))

So this conference will be cool. Look at me going out and doing crap!

I had a REALLY good talk with Josh on the phone last night. He's in school in Mesa, Arizona and he's really loving it, although it's hard for him cause he hasn't been to school in like 80 million years. He says it's warm too..bastard! I think the highlight of our talk was when he was thinking aloud trying to place August in the year: "February, May, June, August." No, Josh, not so much! So I am gong to make him a funny picture with the months and like...oh what are they called...like "Every Good Boy Does Well.." I don't remember what they're called, remind me!
Posse out!

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they're called mnemonic devices, silly!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

ok, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home