Tuesday, June 14, 2005

jasmine fell and hurt her foot but she's better now

geeze. it's like grand central station around here. ok hello. well. you know a lot goes on but i don't really know how to write it all. bottom line is that things are going wonderfully although i got my period and i'm drinking coffee and even though i love to watch everything go down the toilet and fresh clean water come back up, i still hate pooping and bleeding at the same time. hahaha. sorry. i also saw this pic of christian bale as the new batman. bottom line there, i want to have sex with batman.
my dad got a subscription to the economist and although it's incredibly british it's really been great to read every month. yesterday i sat in the sun and read for a long time. the night before i read this article on how the congo is just a freaking mess. actually i don't think that sums it up well enough. it's demonic and tightly in the clutches of satan. that song says "he's got the whole world in his hands...he's got you and me brother, in his hands..." does he really? so this woman was walking along with 13 other women and they were stopped by soldiers who believed that if a woman's vaginal lips were long, they possessed magical powers. only the one woman had long lips so they shot all the other women. then they cut this woman's vaginal lips off and gang raped her. then they burned and ate her two daughters right in front of her. after she told her story to the un she died, praise god. like i said, does he really have the whole world in his hands? and then you flip a page and bolivia is on the verge of civil war. another page, the zimbabwe govt. is burning down people's homes and leaving the poorest of the world with even more of nothing. and then god damn bush wanting only to stop terrorism. i tell you, the world is a mess. and i knew that but it's good to be reminded because serving coffee in the suburbs is just not good enough.
my boss is really stressed out and i feel like i want to pray for her and even the congo but why? what's the point in doing that? will my boss's best friend be magically healed? will the congo be magically mended and become the strong heart of africa as it should be? why do we pray if we know our prayers can't possibly be answered god isn't santa claus who gives us whatever we want. i think prayer is the way we communicate with god. it's supposed to be a relationship that is intimate. so i don't pray to get things, i pray to invest in a relationship. ya, i know that intellectually. try getting me to be intimate with god though. why don't you pray about it. hahahhahaha. cheese and rice it's hot! ok i've said what was temporarilly on my mind. possy out.

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Tim said...

While I don't think it's wrong or foolish to believe in God, I think it's dangerous to expect that He will ever do anything to fix what we as a species have done to ourselves, each other, and our surroundings. If God is going to set everything right, why bother working for positive change now?

Also, I had some bad Mexican after a night of drinking and got super-explodey-toilet-dissolving food poisoning. I lost like six pounds, and I think most of it was sloughed-off colon epithelium. Where was God then, huh?!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

Jess,
Let's definitely hang out this week. I work everyday so let me know your schedule and then I'll work around it.

Tim,
If I were God I'd laugh at your poop dilemma. Either that or I'd look at all my people starving and dying of malnutrition and then look at you and look back at them. No offense or anything, but I probably wouldn't care. hahaha

I agree with you about it being dangerous to expect God to do something as if he was our puppet. Like if we pull the right string we expect him to act a certain way. What do you mean by your question, though? Do you mean God is not going to set everything right? Do you mean don't waste your time trying to make things better if you believe in God?

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Well, of course I don't think God is going to set everything right. Larry King has a better chance of that simply by virtue of the fact that he exists. And I don't think anybody should trust that God will fix everything. I think we need to try to do it ourselves. What I'm saying is that I think faith tends to make people complacent about the problems in the world. Indeed, some Christians (by no means most, mind you) encourage war and strife because they think it will hasten the arrival of Armageddon and the rapture and all that. I think that's irresponsible and scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home