Friday, February 18, 2005

Happy Fat Friday!

My dad is such a diplomat. He emailed my g-ma back and told her:
"As far as evenings are concerned, my strong suggestion would be to not schedule them. In this case less is definitely more. People will find their own way to each other. They will spend time with those they are comfortable with, and there will be plenty of time for everyone to be together. Most of those who will be there really don’t know each other well and I think will find it uncomfortable with programs, skits and devotions. I think those things will emerge on their own and as they do so naturally people will relax and enjoy each other. Otherwise I’m quite sure the reaction will not be what we all want. I don’t think performing will work; just let it unfold spontaneously. As you say, keep it loose and informal."

I completely agree. I don't know these people and I don't want to perform. I want to sit in a chair and smoke and drink and/or drink and smoke. So that'll be interesting to hear what happens. Josh may not go cause he'll still be in AZ in school. What a butthole. I want him to come! Maybe I'll put a puzzle together in a corner somewhere. By the way, I started and finished a puzzle last night for the first time in a few weeks (since I was cut-off..hahaha) It was of a boat! HAHAHAHAHA! AND I finally finished all 7 Mitford books. Now I am going to study me some religions. I was embarassed to take out "Hinduism for Dummies" but oh well. You never know with religion books. You could get a winner or a loser, depending on the author, so I thought it best to keep it as basic and objective as possible for now.

I just got back from the AIDS Summit thing. Last night I didn't go cause me, Aunt Bonnie, Hollie and BR all hung out. We drank coffee and ate lots of sweets. And when I mean lots we had: my homemade eclairs, Hollie's V-day cuppycakes, Hershey kisses, leftover other desert my mom made, Hagaan Daas Ice Cream. Oh yes. Fat Friday on Thursday. Mmm MMmm! And we played Nertz. Then my mom joined us for Cut-throat Uno. It was fun. We were totally trash talking, which for my aunt was, "OH YOU!!!" LOL hahaha! It was a ton of fun.

But the AIDS Summit thing today was pretty cool. It was called "AIDS Research and Treatment." I don't really know much about how the virus destroys people physically. So it was amazing to hear this doctor from Loyola explain how you can get one or more strains of the virus that attaches to a certain type of cell, injects its whatnot, which then enters the nucleus of the cell and literally becomes a part of you. It's really fascinating. There were some terrible stats. that I wrote down too, like um..1/2 of all the new cases of HIV will be found in teens!

And guess what else? No panic attack! I covered all that by pooping before I left and drinking no coffee. (How do you drink no coffee. I think I should have said, by not drinking coffee.) Plus, I sat by the door in the lecture hall. So when I started feeling a bit anxious I said to myself, "Self, I am interrupting your anxious thoughts that turn into physical actions! You are done! Ears: do your thang!" So there you go! Happy as a piggy in a pile o' poop. It was weird, let me tell you, being in college again. What a bunch of suckers. hahahahahaha

Ok, I am going to have some coffee and hopefully poop sommore! Oh! And I am working at OI all next week and I am going to wear my nice shoes. I'll finally have $ to send a package to Dianers. Jess, where are my PICTURES?! Diane, where are my PICTURES?!

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

coming... really. I'm getting a little love package ready to send to you when god stops stealing my money.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

Ok, goody! I bought a few wee things today for your package. YEA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home